13913 Flint Overland Park, KS 66221 USA
VenturaDesigns ws started in 1992 by Joseph Ventura, DC.
We specialize in graphics and patient education software. Here are a few of the highlights of Dr. Ventura's career:
- 1978 Graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic College, KC campus
Dr. Ventura began his practice of sports injuries in 1978. In 1980 he founded Midwest Pain Seminars. Acting as an ancillary part of his clinic, Midwest Pain provided continuing education seminars sponsored by the Mentor Corp. on the subject of electrical stimulation for pain control.
In 1981 he founded Ventura Medical Electronics which designed and manufactured portable TENS nerve stimulators, interferential and Russian Stim stimulators and electro-acupuncture devices. Between 1981 and 1992 he developed several innovative stimulator designs and worked with the FDA to create a new FDA category of stimulators called Micro-TENS.
Since 1980, Dr. Ventura has been a part of over 100 continuing education seminars on the subjects of acupuncture, LASER therapy, electrical stimulation and microcurrent therapy.
He has treated numerous high school, college and professional athletes, and was the team physician for a local community college and high school. In 1985 he was one of the treating physicians at the U.S. Open Tennis tournament. Dr. Ventura retired from active practice in 1986 to devote full time to the development of new products for pain control. In 1991 he developed the first, and still only, stimulator that fit on an expansion card of an IBM computer to provide the ultimate in accuracy and treatment options.
In 1991, Dr. Ventura authored the first comprehensive book on Microcurrent stimulation for pain blocking. He followed that success with another protocol and technique book on interferential therapy for muscle dysfunction and pain. In 1992 he authored a comprehensive video seminar on clinical electrical stimulation for pain control.
Dr. Ventura began work on several software projects designed for patient education, spinal screening, and range of motion examinations. 1995 saw the release of SuperGraphics, Visual Spinal Analyzer, followed by Posture Pro, VROM, and the Total Response System. The new ChiroPath program graphically explains the basics of chiropractic.
In 1998 Dr. Ventura began work on a project named i.r.i.s. This new software program is an image management system for digital x-ray storage, retrieval, marking, and transmission via phone lines. This software holds great promise in bringing teleradiology to the average practitioner.
In 1999 Dr. Ventura began teaching again, working with Kats Management and as a team teacher for the Karl Parker Seminars on the subjects of Internet Marketing and Spinal Screening Techniques.
1999 also saw the opening of chirosite.com, an Internet web site built around Dr. Ventura's idea of a content based subscription web where doctors could take advantage of the copyrighted images, animations and Flash movies pioneered by Dr. Ventura, and build a comprehensive web site without "re-inventing the wheel".
Dr. Ventura continues to share his knowledge of high tech marketing techniques through seminars, articles and phone consultations.
- 1981 Developed Dynastim, the first mass marketed TENS device for dental applications.
- 1984 Developed the Axion line of clinical stimulators.
- 1984 Developed the first "on-board" continuity tester for pad and lead wire integrity.
- 1985 Developed the first portable, battery powered HeNe LASER.
- 1989 Developed the first digital microcurrent stimulator, Axion micro5.
- 1989 The first stimulator to calculate the actual current delivered, in real time, in combination with a warning system. "CurrentAlert" ensured proper parameters were delivered and reduced incidence of electrode burns.
- 1989 Designed the first acupuncture point locator/measurement system that did not pre-treat the area being measured.
- 1991 Developed the first combination Interferrential/microcurrent/Russian Stim device built onto an IBM PC expansion card, the AXION CS
- 1991 The first to deliver a microcurrent during the rest phase of a Russian Stim cycle.
- 1991 Published the text book "Microcurrent for the 90's".
- 1991 Published "Interferential for the 90's".
- 1992 Produced the video "Unlocking the Secrets of Electro Therapy" Reviewed in Dynamic Chiropractic in that year.
- 1994 Authored the first Windows based exercise program, PowerCiser.
- 1994 Published a paper regarding the weaknesses of Russian Stim and proposed the use of the Madison Protocols instead
- 1995 Authored a multimedia patient education software program called SuperGraphics, later called DC PowerSlides.
- 1996 Released the program, Posture Pro 2000, a program for digital posture analysis.
- 1996 Released VROM a program to perform ROM exams.
- 1998 Posture Pro is nominated for Technology of the Year award.
- 1998 Authored the Digital Image Gallery. A collection of over 500 images and animations rendered from precise 3D anatomy models.
- 1999 i.r.i.s. software is nominated for Technology of the Year award
- 2000 Released Posture Pro V version 2 with an advanced marker detection system
- 2000 Posture Pro V with AutoDetect is nominated for Technology of the Year award.
- 2001 Authored AnatomyPro, the first true 3D anatomy learning system.
- Updated Chirosite.com to create a full featured website system for Doctors of Chiropractic.
- 2002 Authored BrochurePro the first chiropractic brochure factory software program.
- 2003 Introduced AnatomyGlass, collection quality glass blocks with accurate 3D anatomical models laser etched inside the glass.
- Added Q-Angle measurement and master report editor to Posture Pro
- Released Waiting Room Wonder- DVD patient education.
- 2004 Posture Correction instructional DVD is released.
- Selected to the Board of Trustees of Bishop Ward High School
- Selected to the Commission on Schools for a 50 school school district
- Posture Pro build 5.0 is released.
- Posture Pro chosen one of the 50 best products and one of 100 best products for 2004 by two major trade magazines.
- 2006 Selected as a founding member of the St. James Academy High School Foundation Board
- 2007 Created a line of Anatomy charts and posters ( www.DrJoeVentura.com )
- 2008 Became an international dealer for the MENS-O-MATIC microcurrent stimulator and created a series of educational material, DVD's and charts for microcurrent stimulation
- 2008 Opened AnatomyWorld.com a website devoted to real-time display of accurate 3D anatomy models
- 2009 Released the Case Plan Pro software and the Relaxation Station color therapy software
- 2009 Started a consulting service for doctors of chiropractic
- 2010 Released Brochure Pro 3, ChiroPath 3, LaserPro II
- 2010 Developed and releases Posture Blocks, a passive posture correction system (Patent Pending)
- 2010 Four articles on Posture Reprogramming accepted by the American Chiropractor magazine for publication
- 2010 Released SpinalGraphics a larger than life vinyl wall graphic for patient education
- 2010 Released ChiroMercials, a package of 6 custom TV commercials for doctors of chiropractic
Dr. Ventura continues to develop new software and patient education programs to help advance patient education and participation in their care program.